|4-Day RTI Training|
|Sign up now for our next 4-day class!
Learn how to use highlight RTI to create digital representations of objects of various sizes and shapes.
You will leave with the ability to implement the digital imaging work flow, including the steps to capture, process, and view RTI digital representations. More…
“I greatly appreciated the hands-on and practical focus of the class.”—Trainee, Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute
“Excellent balance of applied practice, i.e., using studio and photographic methods, techniques, and software. An energizing and inspiring week!”—Trainee, Buffalo State College
|RTI Training Can Come to You|
|Ask us about setting up training at your site!
CHI experts can deliver the four-day training program on site at your institution for groups of up to 15 people.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry or a proposal for on-site training in the latest digital imaging techniques available from CHI. More…
“I learned a ton. Liked the balance of lectures and time to work in small groups on hands-on projects.”—Trainee, Worcester Art Museum
“Superb—well organized and taught by skilled, dedicated leaders.”—Trainee, Museum of Modern Art, New York
|Sign up for our next workshop!
Whether you're an archaeologist, photographer, or staff member of a museum or library, you'll learn about emerging digital imaging techniques in conservation and education. You will see examples of RTI as applied to museum objects, paper collections, and archaeological sites. More…
“Great overview of sophisticated ideas that can be applied easily and professionally.”—Attendee, Half-Day Workshop
“The workshop was so engaging! It felt like an RTI Sampler, piquing my interest in the four-day class.”—Attendee, Half-Day Workshop
Cultural Heritage Imaging (CHI) offers classes and workshops in computational photography techniques used by cultural heritage and natural science professionals to document and research objects and artifacts. We train conservators, archaeologists, museum curators, museum photographers, anyone who wants to learn how to use the low-cost, digital techniques in which CHI specializes. We also train staff at special collections libraries on how to capture paper and bindings.
We hold training sessions on site at excavation sites, museums, and universities, and at the CHI studio in San Francisco, California.
Examples of Past CHI Training Sessions and Workshops
CHI has held training and workshops for these institutions and projects, among others. These links lead to more detailed descriptions of these past CHI training sessions.
- San Francisco Museum of Art, San Francisco, CA
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, CA
- New York University, New York
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- Smithsonian Institution, Museum Conservation Institute, Suitland, MD
- Worcester Art Museum (WAM) Conservation Department, Worcester, MA
- National Preserve of Tauric Chersonesos, Ukraine
- National Park Service Center for Preservation Technology and Training (NCPTT)
- RTI Workshop, University of Oxford and Univerity of Southampton, UK
- CAA 2012, Workshop
- Excellence Cluster Topoi and Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Workshop
- Training for Forensics Professionals, San Luis Obispo, CA
- 2013 International Rock Art Congress (IFRAO), Workshop