Learn how to acquire photogrammetric image sets and produce scientific 3D documentation.You will leave with practical experience using equipment, image capture setups, and software to build 3D content.
New York class is SOLD OUT!
Queens, New York:
Monday, October 21 through Thursday, October 24, 2019
Register for our San Francisco class!
Tuesday, November 12 through Friday, November 15, 2019
“The most informative and inspiring training workshop I have ever attended.”
—Trainee, University of Wyoming
“I learned more in four days than I had in the last two years of wrangling with photogrammetry.”—Trainee, CHI studio San Francisco
“Excellent one-of-a-kind class full of information not found anywhere else.”—Trainee, CHI studio San Francisco
Learn how to use highlight RTI to create digital representations of various objects.
You will leave with the ability to implement the digital imaging workflow, including steps to capture, process, and view RTI digital representations. More…
Next class: Dates to be announced
Interested? Let us notify you re future classes. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our “interested” list!
“Great balance between lectures and practical skills!”—Trainee, CHI studio, San Francisco
“Well-paced, good guides and handouts, right amount of resources for students.”—Trainee, Johns Hopkins Archaeological Museum
|Our training/consulting can come to your site!
CHI experts can deliver a 4-day training class in RTI or photogrammetry (or both)—optionally with consulting services—at your institution for groups of up to 15 people.
Write to email@example.com with an inquiry or a proposal for on-site expertise using the latest digital imaging techniques. More…
“I learned a ton. Liked the balance of lectures and time to work in small groups on hands-on projects.”—Trainee, Worcester Art Museum
“Superb—well organized and taught by skilled, dedicated leaders.”—Trainee, Museum of Modern Art, New York
|By arrangement with CHI.
Whether you're an archaeologist, photographer, or staff at a museum or library, you'll learn about digital imaging techniques in conservation and education.
You will see examples of RTI applied to museum objects, paper collections, and archaeological sites. More…
“Great overview of sophisticated ideas that can be applied easily and professionally.”—Attendee, CHI studio, San Francisco
“The workshop was so engaging! It felt like an RTI Sampler, piquing my interest in the four-day class.”—Attendee, CHI studio, San Francisco
Cultural Heritage Imaging (CHI) offers classes and workshops in computational photography techniques used by cultural heritage and natural science professionals to document and research objects and artifacts. We train conservators, archaeologists, museum curators, museum photographers, anyone who wants to learn how to use the low-cost, digital techniques in which CHI specializes. We also train staff at special collections libraries on how to capture paper and bindings.
We hold training sessions on site at excavation sites, museums, and universities, and at the CHI studio in San Francisco, California.
Examples of Past CHI Training Sessions and Workshops
CHI has held training and workshops in association with the following institutions and projects, among others. These links lead to Flickr galleries, blogs, and other forms of detailed descriptions of past CHI training sessions.
- Photogrammetry class at Pu‘uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park in Hawaii (photos)
- Marlin Reflects: RTI Training and the Sense of Discovery (blog)
- Photos in the Round: 3-D Insights Into Art (blog)
- Photogrammetry class at the Smithsonian’s Museum Conservation Institute in Suitland, Maryland (photos)
- Four Days with CHI: Reflections on January’s Photogrammetry Training (blog)
- RTI class at Johns Hopkins Archaeological Museum (photos)
- RTI class with the conservation staff at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (Facebook post)
- Photogrammetry class at the CHI studio (photos)
- RTI class at New York University, New York, NY (blog)
- RTI class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY (blog)
- RTI class at the Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY (blog)
- RTI class at Smithsonian Institution, Museum Conservation Institute, Suitland, MD (blog)