4-Day RTI Training: See Schedule
Reflectance Transformation Imaging:
Generating Digital Representations of Cultural Heritage Objects
|Excellent trainer-to-student ratio! 98% of trainees report they learn and can apply these skills at work|
“I was thrilled by the capabilities and images presented on the first day. I was actively engaged and learning something new right through the last day.”—Trainee, UCLA/Getty Conservation Center
“Instructors were extremely engaging, patient, and explained the complex info in a way even I could understand!”—Trainee, Worcester Art Museum
“An amazing learning experience for all levels of camera/computer users.”—Trainee, Queen's University
This class is a combination of lecture, demonstration, and lots of hands-on work.
- Learn how to apply highlight Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI)
- Grasp the latest research in the multiview technique, RTI with microscopes, and using multispectral imaging with RTI
- Become familiar with related computational photography techniques, such as algorithmic rendering and photogrammetry
- Apply what you learn in small teams: instructors break the class into groups of three-to-five people for hands-on work
After attending this class, you will know how to set up, capture, process, view, and disseminate RTI images on the Internet.
Class participants receive a jump drive with finished examples, data shot during the class, and technical and equipment tips.
Next Training Class: January 13–16, 2015
|When||January 13–16, 2015|
Cultural Heritage Imaging
2325 3rd Street, Suite #323
San Francisco, CA 94107
$1695 per person. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Sign up for this class before December 31 and get $100 off the class fee.
Do you have 2 or more people who want to attend a class? Ask us about a discount (write to email@example.com).
Upon receiving your registration form, we will send you an invoice that you can pay by credit card or check. (Credit card payment instructions are on the invoice.)
|Prerequisites||Basic photography skills; basic computer skills|
|Registration Form||A PDF fillable form (1.1 MB) — Download this form and open it in the free Adobe Acrobat Reader so you can type directly into the fields. Then save it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the dates of the training class on the form.|
|Questions?||Send email to email@example.com|
Who Should Attend
- Museum, library, and photographic staff working in conservation and education
- Archaeologists, historians, and anyone working with collections who wants to learn about emerging digital imaging techniques
- Anyone interested in Reflectance Transformation Imaging technology and its practical application
What You Will Learn
- Comprehensive coverage of RTI digital imaging work flow, from planning to archiving and publication
- Practical information about equipment, image capture setups, and software
- Examples of RTI from different areas of cultural heritage and the natural sciences including museum objects, archaeological sites and artifacts, conservation usage, and paper collections
- Step-by-step processing of the images
- How to use different viewing modes to examine details of the image